logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Full Screen on Wide Screen Monitors
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:14:15 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

I have tried Hoyle Card Games 2008, 2009 and 2010 on Windows 7. And, none of those versions will display in true Full Screen mode on Windows 7. On Windows Vista, however, both Hoyle Card Game 2008 and Hoyle Card Games 2010 will display in true Full Screen mode. For these tests, I used a laptop which has 32-bit versions of both Windows Vista and Windows 7 installed in dual boot mode.

When I start Hoyle Card Games 2010 on my 32-bit version of Windows 7, on a laptop with a screen that is wider than it is tall (16:9, like a DVD TV), the first few screens that I see do have a large black border around the screen. But, when I start actually playing a game, the only borders I see are on the left and right side of the screen. The top and bottom of the screen are in true Full Screen mode. However, I suspect that if I were playing on a 32-bit version of Windows 7, on a desktop with a screen that is almost square (4:3, like the older analog TVs), there might not be a border on either side of the screen.

Interestingly enough, however, when I play Hoyle Card Games 2009 on my 32-bit version of Windows 7, I do see a large black border around the screen. On Windows Vista, I see a border only on the Top and Bottom of the screen.

If you are actually seeing a border on the top and bottom of the screen while you are playing a game in Hoyle Card Games 2010, that problem might be related to a corrupt or outdated video card driver. And, the fix for that problem would be to click on the link below

Updating video card drivers

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

If you are trying to run Hoyle Card Games 2010 on a desktop computer with a 4:3 screen, or if you are trying to run Hoyle Card Games 2010 on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, I'm afraid I don't have any specific thoughts about that - because I do not have access to either a desktop computer with a 4:3 screen that is compatible with Windows 7 or a computer which has a 64-bit version of Windows 7 installed on it.

But, if updating your video card driver does not solve your problem, the only other thought that I have is that your video card might not be completely compatible with Hoyle Card Games 2010 on your version of Windows 7 - especially if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 7. All Hoyle products are designed for only 32-bit Operating Systems.