logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Zilch instructions
madowns3
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 7:21:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Am using 2011 Hoyle Board Games. In the game, "Zilch", am having issues with the scoreboard keeps on going after you reach the goal, such as 5,000 points. Also, at this point it doesn't always add the computer opponent's score. When I (or the computer) reaches 5,000, and it keeps on playing, I have to exit out of the game and restart a new one. Looked in the computer manual and it does not provide instructions for Zilch, just the other games. I hate to delete program and re-install as I will lose all my "rewards" points.

Where can I find Zilch instructions and how to fix the "rolling" scoreboard after goal has been reached?
Brandy redux
#2 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 12:51:11 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi madowns3,

As can be seen here

http://tkdtutor.com/TKDT...loads/Playing-Zilch.pdf

and here

http://zilch.playr.co.uk/zilch.php

and here

http://susan-whelan.suit...-dice-game-zilch-a87279

the Zilch Game often continues until someone reaches 10,000 points.

However, if you will click on the 'Options' button at the bottom of the Zilch screen, then select 'Zilch Settings' from the menu that pops up, you will be able to select either 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 points for the Winning Game Point.
madowns3
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 7:48:59 PM(UTC)

Thank you for your help, Brandy.

I enjoyed the online Zilch version link you sent me.

I have been changing the 5,000 or 10,000 option, but am still getting errors in the game where it just keeps on playing after the goal is reached.

May just use the online link you sent me to play Zlich. Thanks again for your help.

Marcia
Brandy redux
#5 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 9:50:12 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi again madowns3,

As to where you said this:

" Looked in the computer manual and it does not provide instructions for Zilch, just the other games."

Unfortunately, the instructions for Zilch have never been included in any Hoyle product - which is why I provided the links to the online rules in my first reply.

However, it is very important to keep in mind that the internet rules for Zilch might not be exactly the same as the way the Hoyle version of Zilch is played.

"am still getting errors in the game where it just keeps on playing after the goal is reached."

When I tested my Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011, with the Game Point set to 5,000, I discovered that when any player reached 5,000, a small window was displayed which contained the name of the winner. When the window closed, the scores were removed from the scoreboards and the game started over.

And, when I reviewed the rules which I linked to in an earlier reply, I found one rule which says this:

"The game ends when one player has banked more than 10000 points. At that point each player gets one more turn to try and bank more points than the leader. When everybody has had their last turn the player with the most points wins."

With my Game Point set to 5,000, one of the games that I played allowed each player to get one more turn after the Game Point had been reached.

Is this possibly what you have been seeing?

If you are not seeing the small window with the winners name when someone reaches 5,000 points, or if the scores are not removed from the scoreboard after each player gets one more turn, you might be experiencing a display issue. Display issues are normally caused by either a video card which is not compatible with Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011 or a corrupt or outdated video card driver.

If your computer has an ATI Rage video card, you will want to note that ATI Rage video cards are not supported on Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011. And, in that case, your only option is to keep in mind that if you purchased Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from either broderbund.com, encore.com or hoylegaming.com with the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the product has been installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.co...merservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

If your computer does NOT have an ATI Rage video card, you might be able to fix the problem by clicking on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...video-card-drivers.aspx

then following the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

" it doesn't always add the computer opponent's score"

When any player is not able to use all of the dice, the score for that turn is 0 - unless the player selects the 'Keep Points' option. When the score for a turn is 0, a 0 is placed on the scoreboard, then the score which is placed on the scoreboard below the 0 is the same score that is above the 0.

However, if the players whose scores are not being added correctly are Roswell or Harley, those 2 characters have been a problem in Zilch since version 2005.

If that is not what you are seeing, please provide more specific details about the game not adding the computer opponent's score.