logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cheating By Virtual Player in Backgammon
anwalk55
#1 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 6:23:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I learned a few months ago how to play backgammon and started playing in the Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games. After playing for the past few months, I have come to the conclusion that the person who coded the software for the game is in real life a cheater. The reason that I say this is because the number of times that the virtual player rolls doubles in a single game is statistically improbable. Whats more is that if I have one open piece, the virtual player will almost always get a roll that will send my piece to the bar. I have spent many a game having one piece after another after another being sent to the bar. I had one game where I had five of my pieces on the bar. I've had other games where the virtual player gets four or five rolls back to back with doubles and yet throughout the entire game I don't roll a single set of doubles. The odds of that happening are just not likely.

Frustrated Player