logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Missing options
pastormark
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:23:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have updated my drivers as instructed, uninstalled Hoyle card games 2012, reinstalled the program AGAIN and still I have the same problem. I cannot get it to run full screen and all the option buttons in the lower left portion of the screen are missing.

This is very frustrating and I really would like some advise as to what to do or who to call. I have called the tech support number on the Hoyle web site and have not yet gotten to speak to a live person, even after waiting on hold for 20 minutes or longer.

Is there another number I should be calling?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Pastor Mark
Brandy redux
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:39:51 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi pastormark,

In the future, please do keep in mind that all comments about a specific discussion should always be posted in the original discussion. If you are not able to find your original discussion, simply type your username in the search box at the top right corner of the window, then press Enter. The results of that search should display all of your previous discussions.

As I said in my last comment in the first discussion you started here

http://forum.hoylegaming...ures-not-available.aspx

• If these suggestions don't help to solve your problem, the next best thing to do would be to click on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...re--Hoyle--Bicycle.aspx

then follow the directions in that FAQ for contacting Technical Support - because I am only a volunteer moderator on this user-to-user forum, who is neither employed by nor connected with either Customer Service or Technical Support.

As is clearly stated in the 'Telephone Support' section of that FAQ

• Please keep in mind that hold times often exceed 30 minutes.

Technical Support is available Monday - Friday ONLY from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST - excluding Holidays.

Since there is only the one telephone number, the recommended procedure for contacting Technical Support is to follow the directions in that FAQ where it says this:

• To contact Technical Support, please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/

* When the 'Technical Support' web page is displayed,
    type the name of your product into the 'Search for Product by Keywords:' box,
    then click on the 'Go' button.

* When the list of products is displayed, click on the name which matches your product.

NOTE: If your product is not listed, that means that support is no longer provided for your product.

* If your product is listed, search through and read the articles provided for your product.

* Support options are provided only at the end of each support article.

* If a support article offers an 'Online Support Request' link,
    click on that link, fill in the form, type the Word Verification, click on 'Submit'.

I noticed that you have not yet specifically stated which Operating System you are using.

If you are not using either a Windows computer or a Mac computer, there may be no fix for your problem - because Hoyle products are supported on only Mac and Windows Operating Systems.

If you are using a Mac, your best bet might be to contact Apple Technical Support - because indications are that your problem is being caused by a problem on your computer instead of being caused by the Hoyle software.

If you are using a Windows computer, there is one other option available to you.

• Click on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...as-stopped-working.aspx

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a 1) thorough uninstall, 2) computer cleanup and 3) 'clean' reinstall.

And, please do keep in mind that all recommended procedures should be performed exactly as recommended - without skipping any steps or adding any steps.
pastormark
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:11:09 AM(UTC)

I got through to Encore Tech Support and they had me press and hold the 'alt' button then pres 'enter' to reset the game. I had to do it twice and wait a minute or so but it fixed the problem.
If anyone is having a similar problem you might want to try this option.
Thanks for all your help and especially thanks to Brandy.
Brandy redux
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:05:40 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Thank You for the update pastormark,

However, I feel that I should point out that the ALT + ENTER command that you were advised by Technical Support to use is a well-known command which has been offered in all Hoyle products released by Encore.

Under normal circumstances the ALT + ENTER command is used for ONLY one purpose - to switch from Full Screen to Windows mode OR to switch from Windows Mode to Full Screen. And, regardless of whether you are viewing Full Screen or Windows Mode, you should see EXACTLY the same options.

So, if you actually could not see the Option bar at the bottom left hand corner of the screen while you were either in Windows mode or Full Screen mode, that would indicate, as I suggested earlier, that your problem was very likely being caused by your video card. However, since the problem was fixed by using the ALT + ENTER command, that command might have fixed the problem by 'tweaking' your video card response.

In the first message you posted here

http://forum.hoylegaming...ures-not-available.aspx

you said this:

"I cannot get the games to come up full screen so I am not able to switch between games without closing the program completely and starting it up again."

After I reviewed my earlier advice, I realized that I failed to ask several important questions. The question which I should have asked first was whether or not you were seeing the Options bar in the lower left corner of the Hoyle screen - because there is more than one method for switching between games in Hoyle Card Games 2012:

1. As can be seen in the "Hoyle Card Games 2012 Blackjack Window.jpg" image below (please click on the image to enlarge it), the options in the lower left hand corner of the window are: Profile, Options, Actions, Help.

When you want to switch to another game, you would click on the 'Profile' button, then select 'Exit Blackjack' when the menu pops up. When the window opens which says, "Are you sure you want to quit Hoyle Blackjack," you would click on 'Yes' to return to the Main Screen.

2. As can be seen in the "Hoyle Card Games 2012 Gin Rummy Window.jpg" image below (please click on the image to enlarge it), the options in the lower left hand corner of the screen are: Profile, Games, Options, Help.

When you want to switch to another game, you would click on the 'Games' button. Then, when the menu pops up, select either 'Main Screen' at the top of the list or select a different game from that same menu.
Brandy redux attached the following image(s):
Hoyle Card Games 2012 Blackjack Window.jpg (219kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Hoyle Card Games 2012 Gin Rummy Window.jpg (237kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.